Melon Development is seeking a new talented and experienced User Interface designer to join or team. Your job will be to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidates will have experience working in agile teams with developers and members of our technical team. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
What You'll Be Doing
- Being a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers and project managers
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flowers, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principals (color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and the rest of the team up to date with the latest changes in industry standards
- You must be 17 years or older
- Two or more years of relavent experience with a portfolio to show
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools like Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, etc.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working with an agile development process
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Self motivated for remote work
- Prior experience with Basecamp
- Prior experience in the gaming industry
- Prior experience working with content creators and high profile clients
- Prior experience working on government and enterprise applications
- A love of gaming
Before you apply...
Melon Development is a new, expanding company that works with top talent in the gaming industry. Working with us, you can expect to partner with many clients with many projects in mind. Hours are flexible and contractors work remotely.
Before you submit an application, take some time to curate a portfolio of your previous work. These can be YouTube videos, websites, and profiles on sites like GitHub or BitBucket. It's also important that your portfolio showcases your experience in all areas of the Qualifications section of the job you're replying for. Due to the amount of applications we receive for each job listing, we only have time to reply to those that meet our minimum requirements.
In your application email, there's no need to re-iterate details about yourself that are already covered in your Resume. Your email should act as a brief introduction about yourself and the details of the position you're applying for. Let your experiences and portfolio speak for themselves!
Why Melon Development?
- Wireless Work. All of our positions are remote and can be done from anywhere. Open up your laptop and get going anywhere with internet!
- You’ll meet great people. Onboarding a 10 million subscriber creator or a Hollywood celebrity via their management company isn’t a rarity here. We have a pretty awesome team that’s excited to meet you, too.
- Be a freelancer, without the hassle. We’ll always assign you to projects that fit your skills the best. We also handle the outreach, onboarding, billing, and extra annoyances for you. Just do great work!
- Enjoy VIP treatment. We attend pretty much all the gaming and creator-focused events. Our team members frequently gain +1s to industry events, parties, behind the scenes passes, and more.
- Great Rewards for Great Work! Earn our internal currency, Coins, just being recognized for great work. Redeem Coins for gift cards, prizes, and more.
- Company Google Account and Git Hosting. Drop the GitHub membership and host your personal projects for free.